The impact of relationships on own and others’ wellbeing.
- the benefits to the individual and community when diversity is valued
- coping skills
- communication skills
- problem-solving skills and strategies
When accessing content use the numbers below to guide you:
brief, basic information laid out in an easy-to-read format. May use informal language. (Includes most news articles)
provides additional background information and further reading. Introduces some subject-specific language.
lengthy, detailed information. Frequently uses technical/subject-specific language. (Includes most analytical articles)
- Cultural Diversity Cultural diversity is the term used to describe many different cultures co-existing within one larger culture.
- Sexual Diversity There are many different types of sexuality and it can take a while for people to figure out what is right for them. All are perfectly normal and part of the broad range of human relationships and experiences. A person’s sexuality is a central part of who they are, and can influence their thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Gender Diversity refers to a diverse range of different gender expressions and identities. This term includes those who may identify as transgender, gender diverse, genderfluid, or who otherwise feel that their gender identity does not align with the sex assigned to them at birth and/or society’s expectations of gender.
- Inclusivity The practice or policy of including people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized, such as those who have physical or mental disabilities and members of minority groups.
What is diversity?
- What is diversity?Diversity means that there are lots of different kinds of things.
Just as there are lots of different makes of cars, bikes, washing machines, balls or just about anything you can think of, so there is diversity among people.
Links to websites
- Diversity is about what makes each of us unique and includes our backgrounds, personality, life experiences and beliefs, all of the things that make us who we are.
- ...it’s about empowering people by respecting and appreciating what makes them different, in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, and national origin.
The importance of diversity in education. (2022, March 29). Blog | EU Business School. https://www.euruni.edu/blog/diversity-in-education/