When accessing content use the numbers below to guide you:
brief, basic information laid out in an easy-to-read format. May use informal language. (Includes most news articles)
provides additional background information and further reading. Introduces some subject-specific language.
lengthy, detailed information. Frequently uses technical/subject-specific language. (Includes most analytical articles)
- A simple definition of disease is an ‘illness or sickness characterised by specific signs or symptoms’.
- Disease, any harmful deviation from the normal structural or functional state of an organism, generally associated with certain signs and symptoms and differing in nature from physical injury.
Example of Books
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Thyroid Disease by Controlling health when metabolism is out-of-control. The thyroid is the body's energy center, working to set the metabolism. It can be underactive or work too fast. It is susceptible to cancer and other health issues, more often in women than men. And its symptoms are varying and hard to identify. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Thyroid Disease sifts through the vast amount of conflicting advice to help readers learn how to seek appropriate treatment for their individual situation. * Covers Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism, as well as Goiter, Graves' Disease, Hashimoto's Disease, Thyroid Cancer, and adrenal gland diseases * Thyroid's role in PMS, infertility, and postpartum depressionCall Number: 616.44 CHRISBN: 9781615640546Publication Date: 2011
- Diabetes byCall Number: 616.462 DIAISBN: 9781920801601Publication Date: 2007
- The concise human body book byCall Number: 612 PARISBN: 9781405340410Publication Date: 2009