Students learn how to take positive action to enhance their health, safety and wellbeing by applying problem-solving and effective communication skills, and through a range of preventive health practices.
- to develop, enhance and exhibit attitudes and values that promote a healthy lifestyle.
- coping skills
- communication skills
- problem-solving skills and strategies
When accessing content use the numbers below to guide you:
brief, basic information laid out in an easy-to-read format. May use informal language. (Includes most news articles)
provides additional background information and further reading. Introduces some subject-specific language.
lengthy, detailed information. Frequently uses technical/subject-specific language. (Includes most analytical articles)
What is drug use awareness?
- Addiction happens when someone compulsively engages in behaviour such as drug taking, gambling, drinking or gaming.
- [A collection of] information and resources based on the latest research to help you make informed choices about drugs and alcohol, and prepare you to support friends you might be concerned about.
- This website gives you some tips on how to make sure your outing is a memorable one, and not for the wrong reasons.
- Outlines the impact of illicit drug use and the importance of planning when out with friends.