Unit 3: The focus of this unit is to provide opportunities for students to build upon their acquired physical skills and biomechanical, physiological and psychological understandings to improve the performance of themselves and others in physical activity.
Unit 4: The focus of this unit is to extend the understanding by students of complex biomechanical, psychological and physiological concepts to evaluate their own and others’ performance.
When accessing content use the numbers below to guide you:
brief, basic information laid out in an easy-to-read format. May use informal language. (Includes most news articles)
provides additional background information and further reading. Introduces some subject-specific language.
lengthy, detailed information. Frequently uses technical/subject-specific language. (Includes most analytical articles)
Overview of Physical Education Studies
The course content is divided into six interrelated content areas:
- Developing physical skills and tactics
- Motor learning and coaching
- Functional anatomy
- Exercise physiology
- Sport psychology.
Source: SCSA. (2016). Physical Education Studies ATAR course | Year 12 Syllabus. Government of Western Australia.
- OliverClick on the icon to login and sign in with your school user credentials.
- EBSCO Search This link opens in a new window
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowJSTOR offers electronic full text and an index of over a thousand journals in a range of disciplines.